Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Power of NO

The most important words in any language are small words. “Yes,” for example. Love. God. These are words that are easy to utter, and they fill in empty spaces in our world.
However, there is one word – also a small one – that we find difficult to say: “No”.-- Says Paulo Coelho in the article On the importance of NO .

As I read through the article, my mind started a parallel process of reflecting on my "Yes" and "No". The output of the contemplation is the write up below..

You defined my boundaries.. I let you do it for I believed you knew me.
Wish I had uttered a NO.
For you trespassed..

You laid restrictions.. I happily obliged for I thought you secured me.
Wish I had uttered a NO.
For you are nowhere around now and I am clueless how to secure myself.

You brought in your version of social networking for me.. I accepted for I trusted for it was for my good.
Wish I had uttered a NO.
For that is applicable only for me and you had different versions time to time.

You told me to whom I should and shouldn't be friends with.. I agreed for I have you and I never needed anybody else.
Wish I had uttered a NO.
For I fought limbless and I am orphaned now.
You have patched up whomsoever whenever necessary at ease.

I spelt out every movement of mine.. I strictly kept you informed. You did too.
Wish I had uttered a NO. and heartily expected and accepted a NO too.
Now I don't do it for it hurts another soul with whom you know I will be safe too.
Now when I ask you about your whereabouts.. You retort "Who are you?"

Holding hard to the all the "Yes"
I still wish that i had said a NO.. and yet to say a NO.Lost and clueless... Don't know where, when and how to say NO..
For who am I now? My 'Yes' or 'No' means the same.

The doll was keyed to smile.. it effortlessly did
The doll was keyed to sing... it wholeheartedly did
The doll was keyed to dance... it gracefully did....
It was admired.. adored.
It performed with keying.. It was applauded.
It was bent, turned and tossed.. it flexed.. for it vouched it was in safe hands.

Keys were misplaced.. Tunes changed.. Limbs became weak, broken..
Now it is bent, turned an tossed beyond control...
It took a toll..
The doll is broken beyond repair.
Now it is just a discarded broken toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment